After seventeen years in school leadership, I took a career break during which I completed the NLP Practitioner Course with Dr Richard Bandler. I invested in the course with no real understanding of NLP or where it would take me. Listening to Richard and learning a wealth of strategies for learning and personal change, I was hooked! I couldn’t wait to return to the classroom or begin working with individual clients to share my skills. NLP taught me to manage my time and emotions in order to simultaneously enjoy full-time teaching, family life, new studies and begin writing for children in a stress freeway.
I now work flexibly as a teacher, trainer, coach and therapist. Whilst I continue some class teaching, I am also a trainer and Student Liaison for the International College of Clinical Hypnotherapy, as well as a valued member of the trainer assistant team for Richard Bandler and Paul McKenna.
Qualifications and Training
BA [Hons] English and Education
Post Graduate Certificate in Education [PGCE]
National Professional Qualification for Headship
Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Post Graduate Diploma In Clinical Hypnotherapy
NLP Licensed Practitioner
- NLP Certificate in Teaching Excellence
NLP Licensed Master Practitioner
NLP Licensed Coach
- Certificate of Attendance NLP Persuasion Engineering
- NLP Design Human Engineer Level 1
- NLP Trainer
- NLP Specialist Practitioner in Neuro-Hypnotic Repatterning
All of my NLP Training has been through the Society of NLP under the direct guidance of Dr. Richard Bandler, co-creator of Neurolinguistic programming and his colleagues John and Kathleen La Valle, as well as Kate Benson [International Director of Education for the Society of NLP].
Almost every ambition that we achieve in life depends on prior learning, yet many children and adults experience barriers to achievement. Some important factors include:
- Specific Learning Difficulties, e.g Dyslexia.
- Mastery – the acquisition and application of skills.
- Health – Sleep deprivation and illness affects ability and concentration.
- Attitudes & beliefs
- Emotional & Social – Negative feelings or relationships can result in low self-esteem, anxiety, depression and phobias.
The good news is that barriers to learning and achievement can be addressed through coaching.